Tuesday, 1 April 2014
Cleaning your overhead WATER TANK.
It is necessary to clean and disinfect your water holding tank(s) at least once a year or more often, if required.
This is to remove algae (plant growth which produces bad tastes and odours), silt, and bacteria which may be
If the Water Holding Tank is: *Accessible for Cleaning :
1. Empty the tank.
2. Scrub or pressure wash the interior walls to
remove dirt and grime.
3. Rinse out the tank.
4. Mix a solution of household bleach and water (1
tablespoon or 15 ml of bleach for every gallon
5. Scrub or pressure wash the interior walls of the
tank with this solution, and leave it sit for 2
6. After 2 hours, thoroughly rinse the tank
with clean water.
7. Refill with potable water.
* Caution is to be taken when using a strong chlorine solution. A water holding tank is a confined
space. Under no circumstances should you enter a confined space, unless taking the appropriate
precautions otherwise contact us at Trabajillos or 08067179557 to come do it the professional way